eTheRNA and VUB to Engineer Next Generation mRNA Therapeutics with TetraMix ®
eTheRNA immunotherapies NV (‘eTheRNA’, Niel, Belgium), a clinical-stage company developing mRNA-based immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases, announces the expansion of its strategic collaboration with Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) with the signing of an exclusive license for TetraMix ® , a new generation of the TriMix® adjuvant technology.
Clinical and preclinical data have demonstrated clinical safety of TriMix, together with its ability to amplify immune responses in multiple disease indications. This new license stems from the collaboration between the VUB and eTheRNA focussed on directed activation of dendritic cells and leverages research performed at the Laboratory for Molecular and Cellular Therapy (LMCT) of the VUB. In the presence of specific antigens, dendritic cells behave as immune response modulators, directing the immune system to attack target cells through the activation of directed CD4+ T-helper and CD8+ cytotoxic T-cell responses.
“We have already demonstrated that TriMix has a benign safety profile and promotes high mRNA expression levels,” comments Steven Powell, CEO, eTheRNA. “TetraMix will now be integrated into our programs to engineer new generation mRNA immunotherapies offering even greater efficacy and immunogenicity.”
“VUB has been an internationally recognised centre of excellence for RNA research for the last decade with numerous breakthroughs originating from LMCT,” comments Professor Dr. Karine Breckpot, Director of LMCT. “TriMix’s robustness and versatility as an immune stimulatory platform has been proven in a number of clinical indications and we are delighted to now introduce TetraMix. We are confident that TetraMix’s new way of immune activation will certainly set a precedent for future immunotherapies.”
Please visit our Strategic Collaborations webpage to find out more about eTheRNA’s multiple partnerships: https://www.etherna.be/strategic-collaborations/.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Coeptis Therapeutics Secures Exclusive Rights to Negotiate the Acquisition of Transformational Cell Therapy Platform Read more
- SamaCare Partners with AmerisourceBergen to Offer Prior Authorization Platform to Specialty Practices Read more
- Lucy Therapeutics Appoints Neuroscience Drug Discovery and Development Expert Christopher J. Winrow, Ph.D., as Chief Scientific Officer Read more
- BGI Genomics Partners with Zentya to Launch Fecal DNA Test for Colorectal Cancer in Slovakia Read more
- PharmaVentures Establishes an Office in Seoul to Enhance Access for South Korean Biotechs Read more