ClearPoint Neuro and UCB Enter License Agreement for Gene Therapy Drug Delivery
ClearPoint Neuro, a global therapy-enabling platform company providing navigation and delivery to the brain, today announced that it has entered into a multi-year license agreement with UCB, a global biopharmaceutical leader, to partner on drug delivery platforms for UCB’s gene therapy portfolio.
“We are extremely excited to partner with UCB, a global biopharmaceutical leader, with a focus on innovating through the adoption of next generation science and new technologies,” stated Jeremy Stigall, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Biologics and Drug Delivery at ClearPoint Neuro. “Over the past year, we have invested heavily in expanding our Biologics and Drug Delivery team, as well as our product and services portfolio to attract partners of UCB’s caliber. UCB sought comprehensive tools to empower a seamless transition from benchtop testing to commercial success, and that’s precisely what our team can deliver today.”
Under the terms of the license agreement, UCB will utilize ClearPoint Neuro’s proprietary technology and services in connection with the development and commercialization of UCB’s gene therapy products. ClearPoint Neuro will receive success-based milestone payments. Further financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Dhaval Patel, Executive Vice President and UCB’s Chief Scientific Officer, said, “We look forward to the ClearPoint Neuro collaboration as we work on advancing UCB’s research and development pipeline in gene therapy. We believe that ClearPoint Neuro are a strong strategic fit for UCB as they are a company dedicated to innovation in the neurology space with a unique portfolio of navigation and drug delivery tools.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more