Catamaran Bio Selects OmniaBio as Partner to Develop and Manufacture Allogeneic CAR-NK Cell Therapies
Catamaran Bio, a biotechnology company developing off-the-shelf NK cell therapies to treat cancer, and OmniaBio, a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapy, have announced their partnership to develop and manufacture Catamaran Bio’s allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-NK cell therapies for the treatment of solid tumors.
“This collaboration will allow us to develop scalable processes for the robust GMP manufacture of our off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies,” says Alvin Shih, MD, Chief Executive Officer at Catamaran Bio. “Catamaran Bio is pleased to have identified a partner with leading-edge expertise and a track record of success navigating the complex manufacturing needs of cell therapy. We are excited to work with OmniaBio to enable the development and manufacturing of our CAR-NK cell therapy as it advances toward the clinic to address solid tumors.”
OmniaBio, along with its parent company CCRM, is developing Catamaran Bio’s CAR-NK cell therapy process at their Toronto site, where the process development lab is co-located with good manufacturing practices (GMP)-compliant clean room suites to offer a seamless transition between process development and clinical manufacturing. The OmniaBio-CCRM partnership enables highly adaptable and flexible end-to-end support for therapeutics developers, such as Catamaran Bio, that need to move rapidly from development to the clinic and beyond.
“We are pleased to leverage our extensive expertise in immunotherapy processes, analytical development, and GMP manufacturing to support Catamaran Bio,” explains Mitchel Sivilotti, CEO of OmniaBio. “This work has the potential to fight solid tumors, an area where new treatment options are needed. We look forward to serving as an extension of the Catamaran Bio team to advance a promising CAR-NK therapy with the potential to address this unmet medical need.”
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more