Babylon: Meet the Largest Digital-First, Value-Based Care Provider in the United States
Babylon today announced that its recent strategic partnerships and acquisitions — combined with significant organic growth — have made it the leading provider in digital-first value-based care in the United States, delivering quality end-to-end healthcare to nearly 100,000 Americans in some of the country’s largest health plans. To support this growth Babylon also announced new U.S. offices in Palo Alto, Calif., to support its U.S. expansion.
“Over the last several months, we’ve made significant strides in our mission to put accessible, affordable and high quality healthcare in the hands of every person on Earth,” said Babylon CEO Dr. Ali Parsa. “Nowhere is that happening faster than in the United States. Innovations in digital-first care are driving the entire industry forward, and Babylon offers a unique combination of technology and medical expertise to put people in charge of their own health and help keep them healthy.”
Babylon combines an artificial intelligence powered platform with best-in-class, virtual clinical operations to give patients 24-hour access to information, health monitoring, and clinical professionals — all from any mobile or internet-connected device. The result is Babylon 360, a re-engineering of healthcare with an aim of providing better outcomes at a lower cost and an orientation toward proactive, preventative care.
Offering both value-based care and traditional virtual health services, Babylon has performed approximately 2 million digital clinical consultations globally since launching in the United States in 2020, with U.S. business alone driving nearly 70 percent of the company’s revenue and serving millions of Americans through a variety of 24/7/365 clinical services and the Babylon 360 digital platform.
In April, Babylon announced it had acquired Meritage Medical Network to complement strategic partnerships with Centene and FirstChoice Medical Group, among others. Nearly 100,000 Americans are now directly managed by Babylon through their Babylon 360 platform, and join millions more Medicaid, Medicare and commercial plan participants across the country that benefit from Babylon’s portfolio of services. All told, Babylon covers approximately 24 million people around the globe.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more