AmerisourceBergen Kicks Off Strategic Relationship with Civica
Starting today, global healthcare company AmerisourceBergen will serve as an exclusive distribution partner and provide supply chain support for Civica products and a best-in-class customer experience for Civica members. Through its distribution network, AmerisourceBergen will work to ensure that Civica’s crucial products reach its members across the country efficiently, reliably, and securely. This partnership, which is being rolled out to Civica members in phases throughout the first half of 2023, aims to accelerate both organization’s mutual efforts to ensure the stability of supply of essential generic medicines nationwide.
“We are thrilled to have AmerisourceBergen as our like-minded distribution and supply chain partner as we continue to grow our hospital network,” said Ned McCoy, President and CEO of Civica. “Together, we will ensure providers across the United States receive the medications they need, when and where they need them, for essential patient care.”
AmerisourceBergen has a legacy of more than 100 years of excellence in pharmaceutical supply chain operations, sourcing, and distribution. More than 1,500 pharmaceutical manufacturers and tens of thousands of healthcare providers rely on AmerisourceBergen every day to deliver critical medicines and treatments. The company’s U.S. supply chain distribution network is comprised of more than 50 facilities strategically located across the nation, supporting pharmaceutical innovators and the federal government in providing American health systems with access to essential therapies, including during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a leader in the pharmaceutical supply chain, AmerisourceBergen is committed to bringing advanced solutions to the marketplace that create stability for our nation’s pharmaceutical products.
“The team at Civica are changemakers and we are honored to play a part in fulfilling their mission to make essential generic medications more accessible to providers and patients. It is a mission that deeply aligns with the hearts and minds of our team members and our duty as a supply chain leader,” said Matt Glucksmann, President of Health Systems & Government Services at AmerisourceBergen. “We are committed to evaluating, partnering and investing in supply chain capabilities that support product availability and strengthen access to care. We look forward to bringing our team’s passion and the power of our network to bear throughout this partnership.”
- Providence Therapeutics Announces Partnership with University Health Network (UHN) for mRNA Therapeutic Discovery and Development Read more
- Affini-T Therapeutics Appoints Industry Veteran Thaminda Ramanayake, M.S., MBA, as Chief Business Officer Read more
- Feinstein Institutes Bioelectronic Medicine Researchers Stimulate Vagus Nerve to Reduce Bleeding in Hemophilia Read more
- Kyverna Therapeutics Granted FDA Fast Track Designation for KYV-101 in Lupus Nephritis Read more
- Arcturus Therapeutics Receives U.S. FDA Fast Track Designation for ARCT-810, mRNA Therapeutic Candidate for Ornithine Transcarbamylase Deficiency Read more