Aditum Bio Announces Formation of Vitalli Bio, Focused on Immunological Disorders
Aditum Bio, the biotech investment firm cofounded in 2019 by former Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez and former President of the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) Dr. Mark Fishman, today announced the formation of Vitalli Bio, a portfolio company created for the development of novel therapies for immunological disorders. Vitalli Bio is being formed in connection with the in-licensing of a highly selective dual inhibitor of Interleukin-2-Inducible T-Cell Kinase (ITK) and Bruton’s Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) from Daewoong Pharmaceutical, which is anticipated to close in early May. The compound will be renamed VIT-801 and is anticipated to enter Phase 1 studies in 2023.
Unlike current treatments, which are generally limited to inhibiting only individual cell types, VIT-801 is a dual-target inhibitor that simultaneously inhibits B cells, T cells and other immune cells, potentially providing a best-in-class profile in immune disorders where multiple cell types are implicated. In addition to VIT-801, Vitalli Bio will be granted an option to license earlier stage dual-target inhibitors in development by Daewoong.
“Aditum Bio’s translational medicine approach is unique in the industry, and we are excited to move this exciting compound into the clinic in immunological disorders” said Joe Jimenez, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Aditum Bio.
Dr. Mark Fishman, Co-Founder and Chair of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Boards, added, “VIT-801 has a unique profile that selectively inhibits a range of relevant immune cells, suggesting it has the potential to represent a safe and effective alternative in these difficult-to-treat populations.”
Vitalli Bio is the ninth company launched by Aditum Bio, whose mission is to give large patient populations access to medicines which otherwise may not be developed. To speed these drugs to market, Aditum Bio fosters an incubator model, focusing on the translational phase of drug development. The “spin out” model enables a nimble, start-up culture with a dedicated team of managers supported by Aditum’s in-house team of operational and technical area experts, ranging from nonclinical pharmacology and CMC to regulatory affairs and clinical operations.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more