10 Million Doses of mRNA-based COVID-19 Vaccine to be supplied to Taiwan Region
BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX, “BioNTech” or “the Company”) announced that Fosun Industrial Co., Limited (“Fosun Industrial”), a wholly owned subsidiary of its partner Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd. (“Fosun Pharma” or “Group”; Stock Code: 600196.SH, 02196.HK), has reached advance procurement agreements for the mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b2 with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (“TSMC”), Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (“Hon Hai”), Yonglin Charity Foundation (“Yonglin”) and Zuellig Pharma, Inc. (“Zuellig Pharma”) respectively. Fosun Industrial will sell a total of 10 million doses of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines to Zuellig Pharma (pharmaceutical company with qualifications to import vaccines) entrusted by TSMC, Hon Hai and Yonglin. These COVID-19 mRNA vaccines will be donated to the relevant agency of disease control of the Taiwan region for local vaccination.
Ugur Sahin, M.D., CEO and Co-founder of BioNTech said, “It has always been our goal to provide access to a well-tolerated and effective vaccine for as many people as possible worldwide. BioNTech is glad to be able to also supply the Taiwanese people with vaccines manufactured in the European Union. In parallel, BioNTech will continue to evaluate the vaccine for use against additional mutations of concerns.”
Wu Yifang, Chairman and CEO of Fosun Pharma said, “We are glad to see that the vaccine co-developed by Fosun Pharma and BioNTech could play a positive role in the prevention and control of the epidemic in Taiwan. We will work closely with our partners to provide safe and effective vaccines to Taiwan at an early date, safeguarding the lives and health of Taiwan compatriots, and helping their life getting back on track as soon as possible.”
On 16 March 2020, BioNTech and Fosun Pharma announced a strategic collaboration. Fosun Pharma has been licensed by BioNTech to exclusively develop and commercialize COVID-19 vaccines based on its mRNA technology platform in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan region.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Coeptis Therapeutics Secures Exclusive Rights to Negotiate the Acquisition of Transformational Cell Therapy Platform Read more
- SamaCare Partners with AmerisourceBergen to Offer Prior Authorization Platform to Specialty Practices Read more
- Lucy Therapeutics Appoints Neuroscience Drug Discovery and Development Expert Christopher J. Winrow, Ph.D., as Chief Scientific Officer Read more
- BGI Genomics Partners with Zentya to Launch Fecal DNA Test for Colorectal Cancer in Slovakia Read more
- PharmaVentures Establishes an Office in Seoul to Enhance Access for South Korean Biotechs Read more