Zeta Surgical Raises $5.2M in Seed Financing to Enhance Surgical Navigation with Robotics and Mixed Reality
Zeta Surgical, a surgical robotics and mixed reality company, announced today the close of a $5.2M financing round led by Innospark Ventures and with the participation of TSVC, Y Combinator, Trevor Fetter, and others.
“To date, the use of surgical guidance has been limited to long, operating room-based interventions, due to its invasiveness and complex deployment. Our goal is to provide physicians with a robust, fast, and accurate guidance system deployable during any case, irrespective of where they are in the hospital or what hospital they are in,” says Jose Amich, Co-Founder and CEO of Zeta Surgical. “We’re thrilled to be partnering with such a strong group of investors who are aligned with our mission to improve access to safe and effective surgery.”
Zeta Surgical will use the funds to finalize the development of their neurosurgical navigation platform, Zeta, and their non-invasive focused ultrasound system, ZetaFUS, to complete their initial clinical studies, to obtain FDA clearance, and to expand their growing technical and clinical teams.
“The Zeta AI-driven surgical platform will take the guesswork out of some of the most routine, yet highly consequential, aspects of acute neurological procedures. With physician precision in mind and patient comfort at the forefront, Zeta Surgical will be a gamechanger for procedures both common and uncommon, acute, and pre-planned, and in settings both urban and rural,” says Dr. Venkat Srinivasan, Managing Director of Innospark Ventures. “We are very excited to support them. As a fund that places a heavy emphasis on AI for good, we are also incredibly excited to see what this technology can do for those who need it most around the world.”
“TSVC is very excited to partner with Zeta Surgical to bring AI to precision surgical navigation, to make neurosurgery lower cost and more accessible,” says Eugene Zhang, Founding Partner of TSVC.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more