TherapeuticsMD Announces Definitive Agreements to License its Products to Mayne Pharma
TherapeuticsMD, an innovative, leading women’s healthcare company, today announced that it has entered into definitive agreements to license its products to an affiliate of Mayne Pharma Group, an ASX-listed specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing novel and generic pharmaceuticals, for commercialization in the United States. In addition, TXMD has agreed to sell certain assets to Mayne Pharma to allow Mayne Pharma to commercialize the products.
At closing of the transaction, TXMD will receive an upfront cash payment of $140.0 million for the license grant and sale of certain assets, plus an additional approximately $13.1 million, subject to customary adjustments, for acquired net working capital. In addition, TXMD will receive a 20-year royalty stream tied to Mayne Pharma’s net sales of the products. The upfront payment to be made by Mayne Pharma, along with cash on hand, will allow TXMD to repay its outstanding indebtedness with Sixth Street Partners and to redeem its outstanding preferred equity, with TXMD continuing as a pharmaceutical royalty company with the potential to create value for stakeholders over time from the resulting net cash flows.
“After completing a thorough evaluation of several strategic alternatives, our Board of Directors concluded that this transaction with Mayne Pharma would create the most value for TherapeuticsMD’s stakeholders,” said The Honorable Tommy Thompson, Executive Chairman of TherapeuticsMD. “This transaction will allow us to repay in full our debt to Sixth Street Partners and redeem our preferred stock from Rubric Capital Management, while also establishing a future royalty revenue stream for our common shareholders. We believe that Mayne Pharma has the experience necessary to fully realize the promise of our products as we work together to improve patient care.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more