Sedgwick Acquires Orchid Medical
Sedgwick, a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions, announced it has acquired Orchid Medical, a nationwide provider of ancillary medical management solutions for the workers’ compensation industry.
This acquisition represents an investment in the continued growth of Sedgwick’s ancillary care network, which ensures that employees of the company’s workers’ compensation clients receive prompt, high-value service for durable medical equipment (DME), transportation, translation, home health, diagnostic imaging and other aspects of care on the road to recovery.
“Together with Orchid, we will strengthen our holistic approach to caring for clients’ injured and ill colleagues, helping them return to maximum health and productivity,” said Andrea Buhl, Sedgwick’s president of managed care. “This acquisition enables us to provide employers with a single point of service for a broad range of ancillary care needs while strengthening our workers’ compensation and managed care capabilities and our commitment to taking care of people when they need us most.”
Established in 2002 as a DME and medical supplies provider, Orchid Medical was founded on the principle of delivering reliable services and quality care to the workers’ compensation industry. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Orchid Medical now offers a wide array of ancillary services including surgical implants cost containment, DME and supplies, prosthetics and orthotics, home health, complex care, home and vehicle modifications, diagnostic imaging, physical medicine, and transportation and language services.
“By joining forces with Sedgwick, we’ll create a combined network of unparalleled reach and scope that will truly transform ancillary care for workers’ compensation,” said Paul Taylor, CEO of Orchid Medical. “Bringing together the brilliant minds and outstanding solutions of our two organizations means we can deliver the very best care available to employees of our valued clients.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more