Rona Therapeutics Announces Completion of $33 Million Series A Financing to Advance Global Discovery and Development of RNA Therapeutics
Rona Therapeutics, a fully integrated platform company dedicated to the discovery, development and manufacturing of RNA therapeutics announces the successful completion of $33 million Series A financing to advance proprietary delivery platform and initial pipeline of therapeutics. The round was supported by a group of blue-chip investors including Lilly Asia Ventures, CMB International, Platanus, Fontus Capital and Lanting Capital.
Founded in 2021, Rona Therapeutics aims to establish innovative and disruptive RNA medicines with proprietary platform to enable therapeutics with more specific, stable and prolonged effects. The RNA medicines from Rona Therapeutics are modular and programmable modalities targeting disease areas across metabolic diseases, neurological diseases and ophthalmology diseases via different delivery systems. The company is building state-of-the-art facilities to expand nucleic acid synthesis, delivery platform, oligonucleotide chemical modification, RNA biology and manufacturing capability to realize the potential of powerful RNA therapeutics.
“We are grateful to have strong support from leading life science investment firms in this financing round. The ability to impact at RNA level will lead to transformative wave of new medicines in this era,” said Stella SHI, CEO and co-founder of Rona Therapeutics. “We are looking forward to working with collaborators and financial partners, as our company vision is to turn this powerful technology into therapeutics to benefit patients.”
“Since launch, Rona Therapeutics has made remarkable progress in building delivery platform and advancing therapeutics into IND. The company is well positioned to become a major player in this space with scalable platform and high potential pipeline programs,” said Dr. Chuan He, scientific advisor of Rona Therapeutics.
“With decades-long exploratory work to decode nucleic acid therapeutics, Rona has the potential to become a leader in RNA medicines to discover and develop transformative therapeutics,” said Dr. Roberto Guerciolini, scientific advisor of Rona Therapeutics.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more