Q’Apel Medical raises $22 Million to grow innovative Neurovascular access platform & Scott Huennekens joins Board of Directors
Q’Apel Medical, Inc., an innovative neurovascular company specializing in developing and commercializing novel access device technology for vascular interventions, announced today it has raised $22 Million in Series C funding. The round included River Cities Capital, Soleus Capital, and incumbent investor Research Corporation Technologies (RCT). Scott Huennekens, former Chairman, CEO and President of Verb Surgical, and Carter McNabb, Managing Director, River Cities Capital, will join the Board of Directors.
“With our three-pronged approach that involves increasing manufacturing, expanding into newer geographies, and developing innovative products, Q’Apel is perfectly poised to become the preferred catheter technology vendor across the healthcare sector. In addition, having Scott Huennekens and Carter McNabb join our Board of Directors will be extremely valuable. Both Scott and Carter bring extensive experience, especially in high-growth medical device companies, building businesses both in the U.S. and internationally,” said King Nelson, CEO of Q’Apel Medical
“Q’Apel’s technology has the ability to revolutionize vascular access and improve patient care. There is no better team to lead this effort; between strong existing physician relationships and a deep understanding of the neurovascular market, this team will execute effectively and efficiently,” said Carter McNabb.
“I admire Q’Apel Medical for its highly innovative products and dynamic leadership team, and I’m honored to be joining their board. I have tremendous respect for King, Chris and the other board members, and I look forward to working with them,” said Scott Huennekens
Q’Apel Medical products are already being utilized in over 130 hospital systems nationwide. In 2021, Q’Apel plans to significantly increase its manufacturing capacity, add additional head count and expand their product portfolio. At the same time, the company is in the process of acquiring CE certification, which will allow Q’Apel to expand into Europe later this year.
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more