Novarad Partners with CureMetrix to Advance AI-Driven Mammography
Novarad, a leader in the development of medical imaging software, today announced a partnership with CureMetrix, Inc., a pioneering healthcare technology company that delivers artificial intelligence (AI)-driven solutions for radiology. Novarad’s imaging tools, integrated with the CureMetrix AI-driven women’s health suite of tools for mammography, will be distributed nationally in the U.S. Novarad will be the exclusive PACS distributor of CureMetrix AI for small and midsized imaging centers and hospitals.
“Our vision for transformative imaging technology aligns perfectly with the mission of CureMetrix to support and advance women’s health,” said David Grandpre, Senior Director of Product at Novarad. “By integrating these highly trained, proven algorithms with our existing mammography offerings, radiologists will be able to streamline their workflow, reduce false positives and enhance their ability to diagnose breast cancer earlier. That’s why we are excited to bring CureMetrix AI for mammography to Novarad customers and help save more lives.”
The potential impact of the CureMetrix AI innovations in radiology have been featured in both the Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR) and in the Journal of Digital Imaging (JDI). CureMetrix’s FDA-cleared cmTriage® is an application that prioritizes suspicious cases directly into the radiology worklist. Mammography exams are then processed by cmAssist®, a sophisticated AI-based CAD algorithm intended to identify, mark and score suspicious lesions to support the radiologist. And then cmDensity™ automatically classifies the patient’s breast density according to the standards set by the American College of Radiology (ACR), BIRADS Fifth Edition.
Studies have shown some of the following benefits:
- Faster reading time – 30% reduction in reading time reviewing mammograms with a 71% reduction in flags over non-AI CAD
- Improved cancer detection – 27% increase in early cancer detection without an increase in false-positive recalls
- Fewer unnecessary patient recalls – 69% reduction in false positives vs. traditional CAD, leaving more time for accurate diagnoses
- Increased consistency and report automation
In addition, Novarad will be collaborating with CureMetrix on the implementation of novel cmAngio™, AI-based software intended to use a woman’s mammogram to help doctors assess her risk of coronary heart disease (CHD), the number one killer of women.
“By integrating our AI solutions with Novarad’s we can help radiologists diagnose breast cancer earlier and more accurately, and help doctors identify women at risk for CHD,” said Navid Alipour, Chief Executive Officer of CureMetrix. “CureMetrix solutions will enhance the performance of physicians using Novarad’s outstanding platforms, improving both clinical and financial outcomes both now and well into the future.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more
- Morphimmune Appoints Dr. Clay Siegall Chief Executive Officer and President Read more
- PureTech Health and Royalty Pharma Enter into KarXT Royalty Agreement for up to $500 Million Read more