Northwest Biotherapeutics Announces $15 Million Financing
Northwest Biotherapeutics (OTCQB: NWBO) (“NW Bio”), a biotechnology company developing DCVax® personalized immune therapies for solid tumor cancers, today announced the closing of a $15 million financing on November 22, 2021, which brought the Company’s cash reserves above $20 million.
The Company plans to use the funding to help accelerate its activities related to its brain cancer program. The financing is in the form of a 22-month loan which requires no payments for 8 months, and then provides for a subsequent 14-month amortization period. The loan has a provision for prepayment, an annualized interest rate of 8% and OID of 10%. Upon announcement of the top line data (“TLD”) from the Company’s Phase III clinical trial of DCVax®-L for Glioblastoma brain cancer, the lender will have a then-springing right to exchange the outstanding balance of the loan for common shares priced at the price of the first private placement transaction following TLD less a 12% discount, and to purchase another 50% of that number of shares at the same price. This then-springing right expires 14 days after that post-TLD private placement.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more