LumaBridge and Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Announce Strategic Alliance to Streamline Immunotherapy Development
LumaBridge (formerly known as Cancer Insight), a clinical research organization (CRO) dedicated to discovering, developing, and testing emerging biotechnologies related to cancer therapies, and the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI), the largest network of immuno-oncology expertise in the world, have announced a new strategic partnership aimed at accelerating breakthrough immunotherapies from bench to bedside with greater ease. The new collaboration offers affiliated scientists and organizations a one-stop shop to advance research studies.
The two organizations are collaborating to provide PICI Affiliated Partners—PICI Network institutions and investigators, affiliated companies, and nonprofit collaborators—direct access to the full suite of clinical trial services from LumaBridge. Offerings range from clinical trial design through regulatory strategy support, including patient accrual, clinical operations, quality assurance, data management, medical writing and biostatistics, pharmacovigilance, and beyond.
“PICI was founded to clear the path from scientific idea to best possible clinical outcomes,” said Ute Dugan, MD, PhD, chief medical officer of PICI, based in San Francisco. “By combining our focus with additional expertise in clinical trial design and oversight, we aim to streamline the development process and ultimately accelerate novel immunotherapies to patients.”
PICI’s first valued CRO partner, LumaBridge also is focused on accelerating the development of immunological cures for cancer through innovative science, advanced technologies, and new modes of research collaboration. Through this mission-focused alliance, PICI Affiliated Partners gain preferred access to and pricing for an array of clinical trial services and expertise, including early consulting on clinical trial design and development, protocol development, regulatory support, and full-service clinical trial support.
“Patients awaiting new therapies deserve an effective, efficient process,” said George E. Peoples, MD, FACS, founder and chief medical officer of San Antonio-based LumaBridge. “Through this partnership, we will harness our pioneering experience in immuno-oncology research alongside the expertise of academic, clinical, and industry partners to reduce turnaround time and safely test the most promising novel therapies for our cancer patients.”
More specifically, available LumaBridge services include:
- Regulatory support for pre-investigational new drug meetings and investigational new drug (IND) preparation, publishing, filing, and maintenance
- Clinical trial design, execution, and support such as medical monitoring, clinical operations, data management, and quality assurance
- Medical writing and biostatistics support such as statistical analysis, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) application writing, and abstract or journal publication preparation
- Guidance in navigating government/military contracts and funding
- Clinical development and commercialization strategies for Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) applicants
The partnership advances PICI’s focus on bringing together top researchers, nonprofits and industry collaborators, providing resources and eliminating barriers to get treatments to patients faster.
“Collaboration is critical to achieving our mission,” said Tarak Mody, PhD, chief business officer of PICI. “By offering access to LumaBridge’s services and expertise to our PICI Affiliated Partners, we intend to accelerate breakthrough scientific discoveries, moving them into the clinic sooner to deliver patient impact.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more