KD Pharma Group Acquires Phytoextract and CBD Manufacturing Assets
The KD Pharma Group has acquired the manufacturing assets of a Swiss-based cannabinoid manufacturer. The assets give KD Pharma access to technology for producing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) based on phytocannabinoids and other plant extracts. The technology further expands KD’s lipid technology portfolio and can be used in combination with KD’s other fractionation and separation technologies.
“KD Pharma is a leader in lipid technology focused primarily on omega-3s, but our technology suite has applications in other lipid sources like cannabinoids,” said Oscar Groet, CEO of the KD Pharma Group. “We have committed to expanding our technology portfolio to develop APIs from cannabinoids and plant extracts,” Groet continued, “and these assets give KD Pharma additional pathways to develop new products for this emerging market.”
The Group has also licensed a novel extraction method from Herbolea Biotech S.r.l. and expects to have a complete, licensed cGMP manufacturing facility online by the end of the year.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more