Holmusk Acquires Mental Health Analytics Provider Otsuka Health Solutions to Expand its Footprint in the UK
Holmusk, a leading global data science and digital health company building the world’s largest Real-World Evidence (RWE) platform for behavioral health, announced today that it has acquired Otsuka Health Solutions (OHS), a UK-based mental health, predictive analytics provider. The acquisition from Otsuka Pharmaceutical Europe Ltd (Otsuka) deepens Holmusk’s footprint in the UK and paves the way for Holmusk to expand its partnerships with health systems working to transform behavioral healthcare.
With the acquisition, Holmusk adds OHS’s award-winning product, Management and Supervision Tool (MaST), to its suite of digital and analytic solutions to improve behavioral health outcomes. MaST, a powerful and easy-to-use digital platform for care teams, leverages predictive analytics to identify people at greater risk of using crisis services and those who may require different services to support their recovery. As a result, fewer people in crisis require inpatient admissions when compared with standard community management.
With MaST already deployed across several NHS mental health trusts Holmusk will be able to advance into the UK market with momentum. Building on MaST’s success, Holmusk now has the opportunity to integrate its cutting-edge technologies to drive the next stage of the product’s journey. This strategic acquisition will enable Holmusk to leverage its scientific capabilities and dedicated suite of solutions to support MaST’s growth and advance the shift towards data-driven healthcare in the UK and beyond.
“This acquisition is an important milestone in our ambition to lead behavioral health innovation globally,” said Nawal Roy, Holmusk Founder and CEO. “The UK has long held a reputation as a center of excellence for mental health research, and we are excited to bolster our presence here, leveraging OHS’s current role as a key partner with NHS Trusts, mental health research institutions, and providers.”
“My team and I are delighted to join Holmusk on their ground-breaking journey, with our shared vision of transforming mental health with digital solutions powered by analytics,” said Caroline Gadd, now Director of Healthcare Solutions, Holmusk and 2020 NHS Innovation Accelerator Fellow. “Holmusk’s capabilities and experience in measuring patient-reported outcomes will accelerate MaST’s development, allowing us to strive towards continually improving mental health outcomes as new models of care emerge across the NHS.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- ReviR Therapeutics and Asieris Pharmaceuticals Enter into Agreement to Discover Oncology Therapeutics Read more
- Superior HealthPlan and eFamilyCare Expand Partnership to Support Medicaid Members and Caregivers in Texas Read more
- Garuda Therapeutics Secures $62 Million Series B Financing to Advance Off-the-Shelf Blood Stem Cell Technology Platform Read more
- FSD Pharma Receives Regulatory Clearance for Its Proposed Phase-1 Clinical Trial of Lucid-21-302 (Lucid-MS), First-in-Class Multiple Sclerosis Drug Candidate Read more
- $25 Million Gift to Penn Medicine and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Establishes Center for Epilepsy and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Read more