Grand Rounds and Doctor On Demand to Merge, Creating First of its Kind Patient-Centric Integrated Virtual Healthcare Company
Grand Rounds, a leader in healthcare quality and navigation, and Doctor On Demand, the nation’s leading virtual care provider, announced today their merger agreement. The new integrated virtual care company will be the first of its kind. These two premier platforms will offer a patient and provider experience unmatched elsewhere, providing a full suite of digital and interactive solutions to help people address the $300 billion problem of uncoordinated care in the U.S.
The new company will combine Grand Rounds’ data-driven clinical navigation platform and patient advocacy tools with Doctor On Demand’s preeminent virtual care offering to provide an unparalleled member experience. It will accelerate the adoption of virtual care in key areas including primary care, specialty care, chronic condition management, and behavioral health. Owen Tripp, CEO of Grand Rounds, will serve as the CEO of the expanded business. Both companies will continue to operate under their existing brands for the time being.
“No one has done this before, combining navigation and virtual care delivery. We think it’s the future,” said Owen Tripp, co-founder and CEO of Grand Rounds. “People make unguided healthcare decisions every day, often with higher costs and worse outcomes. Now, with Doctor On Demand, we’ll offer them coordinated support on all fronts—physical, behavioral, financial, administrative—and we’ll do it for everything from acute issues to life-long health. This is truly complete care, and it’s what we all need.”
“We’re building a next-generation virtual care company with a nationwide practice of diverse, dedicated providers and a multidisciplinary care team,” said Hill Ferguson, CEO of Doctor On Demand. “By fully integrating medical and behavioral healthcare with clinical navigation, we’re impacting healthcare where it actually happens—between a patient and their provider—and ensuring that experience is seamless, personalized, and can follow the patient wherever they go.”
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the first half of 2021. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- ReviR Therapeutics and Asieris Pharmaceuticals Enter into Agreement to Discover Oncology Therapeutics Read more
- Superior HealthPlan and eFamilyCare Expand Partnership to Support Medicaid Members and Caregivers in Texas Read more
- Garuda Therapeutics Secures $62 Million Series B Financing to Advance Off-the-Shelf Blood Stem Cell Technology Platform Read more
- FSD Pharma Receives Regulatory Clearance for Its Proposed Phase-1 Clinical Trial of Lucid-21-302 (Lucid-MS), First-in-Class Multiple Sclerosis Drug Candidate Read more
- $25 Million Gift to Penn Medicine and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Establishes Center for Epilepsy and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Read more