Flow Eighteen38 Receives €5 Million EUR (c.$5.58 Million USD) to Expand Production and Biophysical Capabilities
Flow Eighteen38, a protein sciences division created to facilitate and accelerate antibody characterization and protein purification projects, today announced a €5 million EUR (c.$5.58 million USD) investment into its protein production and biophysical characterization capabilities and services from its parent company, FairJourney Biologics S.A. (FJB), leaders in the discovery and optimization of antibodies.
The investment will be used to develop a dedicated, fit-for-purpose laboratory, designed to host a range of new and bespoke, state-of-the-art equipment to double protein purification capacity. The new facilities will accommodate over 15 high-end Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography systems (ÄKTAs), all individually optimized to scale-up custom production as well as support unique partner requirements and fast track standard productions.
The investment will also streamline Quality Control with the purchase of high throughput, high precision equipment, including the LabChip® GX Touch™ for CE-SDS, the Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC, the FDA-licensed Endosafe nexgen-MCS for endotoxin testing and two BioAccord™ LC-MS Systems for biopharmaceuticals analysis. Additionally, the funding will drive further recruitment to service the increased demand for production and characterization services, as well as Flow Eighteen38’s cold storage and logistics solutions, and continued supply of quality antibody reagents that comply with new EU recommendations.
António Parada, CEO of FairJourney Biologics commented: “This investment is further commitment to our partners to ensure we remain on the cutting-edge of protein production and biophysical solutions and to continue to deliver quality results our diverse portfolio of partners have come to know and expect.”
Teresa Barata, Head of Protein Science Division at Flow Eighteen38 commented: “We are thrilled for this new stage of Flow Eighteen38. The new investment will enable us to continue to support our clients at the various stages of the discovery process and extend it to pre-CMC stages, for faster and successful biotherapeutics development.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more