Exciva Raises €9 Million in Series A Round Led by Andera Partners
Exciva GmbH, a clinical biotech company developing a novel therapeutic compound for treating agitation/aggression in Alzheimer’s disease, today announces the closing of a Series A financing of €9 million ($10M) led by Andera Partners. LBBW Venture Capital and Cure8 also participated in the round.
This first funding will help Exciva GmbH develop the lead compound up to completion of Phase I. The product has the potential to treat behavioral and psychological symptoms in Alzheimer disease patients. This compound is the combination of two clinically validated products, which have demonstrated effectiveness in the CNS field.
“I am very happy that we were able to convey the relevance of our approach and I would like to thank the investors for their support,” said Francois Conquet, CEO of Exciva. “Our lead candidate (Deraphan®) combines two compounds which have separately demonstrated a safety profile as well as an efficient activity in patients living with behavioral conditions. With this investment, we can look forward to advancing this product, the combination of these two compounds, through to the start of Phase II.”
“Exciva GmbH is taking a uniquely promising approach to addressing symptoms in Alzheimer’s disease; a condition which still has huge unmet medical needs,” said Raphaël Wisniewski, partner at Andera Partners. “Andera has been supporting Exciva from its foundation and we are excited about the progress the program has made so far. These proceeds will be used to complete Phase I with the goal of starting Phase II in the next 18 months,” said Sofia Ioannidou, partner at Andera Partners.
The Exciva team combines the best research and development expertise in the CNS field. Each member has a successful background in the pharma industry. “The caliber of the team and its collective scientific and industry expertise will make a huge impact on developing commercial products in the field of Alzheimer’s disease,” said Stefanie Wojciech, investment manager at LBBW Venture Capital GmbH.
The board of directors is composed of: Raphaël Wisniewski (chairman) and Sofia Ioannidou, partners at Andera, Stefanie Wojciech, investment manager at LBBW Venture Capital GmbH, and Vikram Sudarsan, CEO of Engrail Therapeutics.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more