Essential Pharma Announces the Acquisition of HALDOL
Essential Pharma, an international specialty pharma group focused on ensuring that patients have sustainable access to low-volume, clinically well-established pharmaceutical products across key therapeutic areas, announces that it has completed the acquisition of HALDOL (haloperidol) and HALDOL Decanoate (haloperidol decanoate) from Janssen Pharmaceutica NV.
HALDOL® is a first-generation ‘typical’ antipsychotic for the treatment of schizophrenia and some other psychiatric conditions such as schizoaffective disorder and moderate to severe manic episodes associated with bipolar I disorder. This medicine is included in the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
Under the terms of the acquisition, Essential Pharma has acquired the rights to HALDOL® on a global basis; the product is currently marketed in the US as well as in more than 60 countries across EMEA, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific regions. The acquisition is a further significant addition to Essential Pharma’s global portfolio of products in specialty central nervous system (CNS)/neurological medicine and underlines the group’s commitment to ensuring the sustained supply of essential medicines to patients.
Steen Vangsgaard, CEO of Essential Pharma, commented on the acquisition of HALDOL, “Our aim is to ensure that every patient has access to the mature essential medicines they need. Haloperidol is an essential antipsychotic medicine marketed worldwide. This acquisition means that the patients who rely on this vital medicine can be assured of continued access; it also expands Essential Pharma’s global presence and further strengthens the concentration of our portfolio in CNS.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more