Epigenic Therapeutics Raises $20 Million in Series Angel and Pre-A Funding to Advance Next Generation Gene Editing Therapy
Epigenic Therapeutics Co., Ltd., a frontier biotechnology company dedicated to developing next generation gene editing therapy utilizing regulation of epigenetic genome for wide variety of diseases, today announced it has secured $20 million in Series Angel and Pre-A funding. Series Pre-A funding is jointly invested by Morningside Venture Capital, Kingray Capital, Trinity Innovation Fund and TigerYeah Capital. Angel investor FountainBridge Capital is also participating.
Proceeds of financing will be used to validate advances of the Company’s proprietary epigenetic editing in non-human primates, expand expertise and capabilities, and sponsor early-stage clinical investigations.
Epigenetic modification is a natural and heritable gene regulation mechanism in the human body without altering the underlying DNA sequence. Leveraging company’s proprietary and patented technology platform, scientists are able to harness endogenous epigenetic gene regulation pathway to precisely and efficiently deliver medicine to target cells and tissues, and achieve potent and durable therapeutic impact. Epigenic Therapeutics has gathered highly talented scientists and industry veterans to direct discovery and development.
“Epigenetic editing is an emerging and highly differentiated gene editing technology.” Said Bob Zhang, co-founder and CEO of Epigenic Therapeutics, “along with our scientific co-founders and advisers, we are able to expand our understanding of precise regulation of epigenetic genome, and unlock its potential as medicine for many diseases. With the funding, we will continue expanding our team and capabilities, validate the technology platform in animal model, and accelerate our leading product from discovery to clinical development.”
“Epigenic Therapeutics is uniquely positioned in various gene editing therapy developers. We are thrilled to invest in Epigenic Therapeutics and we believe this company has solid foundation to further explore and develop precise genome medicine to benefit many patients.” Commented by Michael Xue, Managing Director of Morningside Venture Capital.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more