Epic Sciences and Biosplice Therapeutics Announce Partnership for Metastatic Cancer Trials
Biosplice Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering therapeutics based on CLK/DYRK kinase modulation for major diseases, and Epic Sciences, Inc., a leading liquid biopsy diagnostic company, announce they are collaborating to incorporate multi-omic profiling in Biosplice’s clinical oncology programs, including Cirtuvivint (SM08502).
Cirtuvivint is a novel, small-molecule oral inhibitor of the CDC-like kinase (CLK) and dual-specificity tyrosine regulated kinase (DYRK) family currently under investigation to treat solid tumors. As part of this relationship, Biosplice will leverage Epic’s comprehensive platform to characterize drug activity and patient response in Biosplice’s SM08502-ONC-01 and SM08502-ONC-03 trials.
“We are excited to partner with Epic in our biomarker development program” states Darrin Beaupre, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Oncology at Biosplice Therapeutics. “Their platform for liquid biopsy provides the opportunity to characterize late-stage cancer patients both phenotypically and genotypically. This is a critical part of our clinical trial as it allows us to better understand both the underlying biology and therapeutic response of the patient.”
“This Biosplice collaboration highlights our ability to provide deep insights into discovery findings and clinical trials results,” says Lloyd Sanders, CEO and President at Epic Sciences. “We have added Biosplice to our growing list of over 100 research partners and look forward to working together to offer new innovations to cancer patients that will improve care.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more