Compugen Announces Collaboration Expansion with Bristol Myers Squibb Alongside $20 Million Equity Investment
Compugen Ltd. (Nasdaq: CGEN), a clinical-stage cancer immunotherapy company and a leader in predictive target discovery, announced today that Bristol Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) completed its $20 million investment in Compugen in consideration for the issuance of 2,332,815 shares of Compugen purchased at $8.57333 per share, representing a 33% premium over the closing price on November 9, 2021.
As part of the expansion of the collaboration, a joint steering committee has been formed to facilitate strategic oversight and guidance for the programs run under the collaboration. This will run alongside the existing joint development committee which acts at an operational level.
“Bristol Myers Squibb’s strategic investment in Compugen strengthens our relationship and the goal of both companies to take forward our clinical studies conducted under our collaboration in bringing innovative therapies to cancer patients,” said Anat Cohen-Dayag, Ph.D., President and CEO of Compugen. “We value Bristol Myers Squibb’s continued support of Compugen and in our evaluation of our DNAM axis hypothesis by testing COM701 in combination with nivolumab as a dual combination and in combination with nivolumab and BMS-986207 as a triple combination targeting PVRIG, PD-1 and TIGIT.”
People In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more