Clean Biologics SAS acquires Biodextris Inc.
Clean Biologics, a group providing services to the biopharmaceutical industry, today announces the acquisition of Biodextris Inc, a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) based in Laval (Montreal), Canada. Biodextris provides analytical and process development, early-phase clinical manufacturing and quality control testing services for clients in the vaccine and biologics industries.
With this acquisition, Biodextris will become a part of the Clean Biologics group, allowing the group to expand its activities by including Biodextris’ complementary services. It also provides Clean Biologics with an opportunity to establish a presence on the North American market with a view to increasing its activities in this region.
“We are proud to have reached this important milestone and we thank all our employees for their commitment since we created the company five years ago,” said Joe Zimmermann, president and CEO of Biodextris. “This acquisition by Clean Biologics, backed by healthcare investment fund ArchiMed, positions Biodextris for near-term expansion. We are excited to join forces with the Clean Biologics group and in the near future we look forward to introducing our shared client base to the advantages of this alliance.”
“We are very happy to have Biodextris join the Clean Biologics team, allowing us together to provide broader services to our customers,” said Joseph Jammal, president and CEO of Clean Biologics. “The cultures of the three companies in the group – Clean Cells, Naobios and now Biodextris – are very similar in terms of customer focus and personalization, making this acquisition a natural fit for the very promising expansion projects to come.”
Biodextris, created in 2015, joins the two client-focused companies within the Clean Biologics group:
- Clean Cells, created in 2000, offers a range of service for the biopharmaceutical industry, from quality control and biological safety tests to production of cell banks and GMP-grade BSL2/BSL3 virus seed stock and bacteriophages for phage therapy
- Naobios, a CDMO (Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization), joined the group in 2019; it provides bioprocess development and GMP production for clinical batches of viral vaccines BSL2/BSL3, oncolytic viruses and viral vectors
People In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more