Aruna Bio Advances Therapeutic Development for Traumatic Brain Injury
Aruna Bio, Inc., a leader in the development of neural exosome based therapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that it has received funding from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of the National Institutes of Health of Health to advance AB126™, a multimodal neuroprotective and regenerative neural stem cell extracellular vesicle (NSC EV) product, to treat Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
“The successful completion of the proposed study is intended to provide key information pertaining to AB126™ dosage, and therapeutic effects on TBI pathophysiology (edema, hemorrhage) and functional outcomes, toxicity, and potential adverse side effects.”, said Aruna Bio Chief Scientific Officer, Steven Stice.
“Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a “silent epidemic” as 2.53 million patients visit the emergency department every year of which 56,800 patients die. We are pleased to receive this award from the National Institutes of Health, to further investigate the safety and efficacy of our AB126™ biologic. Our early proof of concept studies demonstrated significant efficacy in TBI indications, and the data generated from this new study is intended to support the basis for an IND submission and future clinical trials.”, said Stephen From, Aruna Bio’s Chief Executive Officer.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more