Antengene Enters into a Research Collaboration & License Option Agreement with LegoChem Biosciences for New Antibody-Drug Conjugate Candidates
Antengene Corporation Limited (“Antengene”, SEHK: 6996.HK), a leading innovative biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing global first-in-class and/or best-in-class therapeutics in hematology and oncology, today announced thatit has entered into a Research Collaboration and License Option Agreement with LegoChem Biosciences, Inc. (“LCB”, KOSDAQ: 141080) for new antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
Under this agreement, the two parties will jointly generate and evaluate ADC candidates using Antengene’s antibodies and LCB’s next generation ADC technology platform. Antengene will have an exclusive option to license global rights for the development and commercialization of the resulting ADC candidates. When the option is exercised, LCB will be eligible to receive upfront and milestone payments, as well as tiered royalties. In addition, LCB is eligible to receive a prespecified percentage of any sublicensing income received by Antengene.
ConjuAll is a next-generation ADC platform technology utilizing novel linker chemistry combined with site-specific conjugation. LCB’s platform provides solutions for site-specific conjugation enabling high-purity final ADCs with defined Drug-to-Antibody Ratio (DAR), plasma stability, and tumor-selective efficient payload release which are major unmet needs in ADC development.
“It is our pleasure to collaborate with LCB, a company with an industry-leading ADC technology platform,” said Dr. Jay Mei, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Antengene. ” This further complements our existing in-house discovery efforts and our deep experience in developing novel oncology medicines globally. Utilizing LCB’s next generation ADC platform, we aim to accelerate the discovery and development of innovative ADC candidates, furthering our vision of treating patients beyond borders worldwide.”
“LCB and Antengene will team up to accelerate the development of new therapies that combine Antengene’s expertise in oncology with LCB’s clinically validated ADC technology platform.” said Dr. Yong-Zu Kim, CEO & President of LCB.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more