Abcam Completes $340m Strategic Acquisition and Expands Kit Capacity and Capability
Abcam (AIM:ABC;NASDAQ:ABCM), a global innovator in life sciences reagents and tools, today announces the successful completion of its acquisition of BioVision and the expansion of its immunoassay capacity in Eugene, OR.
Across the life sciences sector, the events of the last 18 months have amplified the need for efficient workflows and robust data generation, to enable the faster delivery of positive outcomes for science and health. Widespread access to high-performance, reproducible, off-the-shelf assays and kits has become invaluable to enable the biopharma industry and academia to achieve meaningful advances at pace. To further support the growing demand of the sector and to strengthen its position in the assay market, Abcam today announces two significant developments, accelerating the execution of its strategic growth plan.
The addition of BioVision enhances Abcam’s in-house innovation and adds scale to support the biochemical assay and cellular assay markets. The successful acquisition brings BioVision’s product portfolio, capabilities, and 70-strong expert development and manufacturing teams into Abcam. The global research community will gain ready access to this portfolio of biochemical and cell-based assays via Abcam’s global commercialization network.
Supplementing the acquisition, Abcam has doubled the footprint of its immunoassay kit R&D and manufacturing facility in Eugene, OR. This enhanced capacity is another component of Abcam’s growth journey in the US and will further enable its commitment to support the research and biopharma sector globally.
Alan Hirzel, CEO at Abcam, commented: “We are delighted to welcome our new colleagues to Abcam. Providing a platform for future growth and addition of new product lines, the acquisition of BioVision and expansion of our Eugene facility reinforce our commitment to the acceleration of scientific breakthroughs. Enabling scientists to reproducibly generate the robust results they need, faster, is essential for the delivery of new innovations that can positively impact us all.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more