Bio-Rad Introduces Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Variant Neutralization Antibody Assays to Quickly Measure Neutralizing Antibodies Against SARS-CoV-2 Virus
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb), a global leader of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, today announced the launch of the Bio-Plex™ Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Variant Neutralization Antibody Assays, for research use only (RUO).
The assays allow scientists to measure neutralizing antibodies quickly and efficiently against wild-type and significant variants of SARS-CoV-2 virus. Scientists developing vaccines and therapeutics can determine the efficacy of their product from development through all the clinical phases. Epidemiologists can perform seroprevalence studies to better understand the longevity of the neutralizing antibody response from infection or vaccination. Compared to using traditional cell-based assays and ELISA tests, researchers can increase their throughput when using the multiplex Bio-Plex Pro Assays.
The assays are offered in an 11-plex complete all-in-one kit format that consists of the wild-type RBD and S1 and 9 variant antigens, as well as customizable singleplex assays, 2-plex Delta variant coupled beads, and a custom Assay Developer Kit to create assays to any new SARS-CoV-2 variant – such as Omicron – for maximum flexibility.
“As variants of interest and concern become the predominant forms of SARS-CoV-2 infecting populations, it’s critical to understand whether the antibodies, elicited by a prior COVID-19 infection or vaccination, are still able to neutralize the circulating virus variants,” said Candice Cox, Bio-Rad Immunoassays Marketing Manager, Life Science Group. “We are pleased to be able to add these neutralizing antibody assays to our offering of existing Bio-Plex Pro IgA, IgG, and IgM 4-plex serology kits for COVID-19 related research in vaccine development and post-market surveillance studies.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Coeptis Therapeutics Secures Exclusive Rights to Negotiate the Acquisition of Transformational Cell Therapy Platform Read more
- SamaCare Partners with AmerisourceBergen to Offer Prior Authorization Platform to Specialty Practices Read more
- Lucy Therapeutics Appoints Neuroscience Drug Discovery and Development Expert Christopher J. Winrow, Ph.D., as Chief Scientific Officer Read more
- BGI Genomics Partners with Zentya to Launch Fecal DNA Test for Colorectal Cancer in Slovakia Read more
- PharmaVentures Establishes an Office in Seoul to Enhance Access for South Korean Biotechs Read more